Saturday, September 12, 2009

Quotes

I have always enjoyed a good quote and the rush it seems to give your mind. I'll try to post good quotes as I find them and or remember them. I would like the blog to become more interactive with fellow classmates so feel free to submit any good quotes or stories to share with others.

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them."
- George Bernard Shaw

4 comments:

  1. Like yourself, i find myself intrigued at how powerful of an effect a good quote can motivate me, bring back old memories, or just make me reflect on the possibilities for the future. Here are some i enjoy:

    "People travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the seas, at the long course of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the
    stars, and yet they pass by themselves without wondering."
    -- St. Augustine

    "There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew."
    -Marshall McLuhan

    Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors.
    Try to be better than yourself.
    -William Faulkner

    "Smooth roads never make good drivers. Smooth seas never make good sailors. Clear skies never make good pilots. A problem free life never makes a strong and good person. Have a tough
    but winning day ahead! Be strong enough to accept the challenges of life. Do not ask life, 'Why me?' instead say,'Try me'."
    -- Author Unknown

    Hope you enjoyed these...your blog is coming out great by the way --N.H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Make no little plans, they have no magic to stir men’s blood." - Daniel Burnham

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.” - Henry David Thoreau
    One of my Favorite
    or
    "The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences." - Emile Hirsch (Christopher McCandless "Into the Wild")

    ReplyDelete