Thursday, October 29, 2009

Why Blog?

So lately I have been asked the question, "Hany, why do you have a blog?" The question at time catches me off guard, I am unsure whether the question is meant to undermine my pursuit to have a blog or if it is a simple inquiry. Either way I do enjoy the question, there is a part of me that enjoys defending or selling my perspective, whether it comes to a decision I make or a design I create. I'm given the opportunity to express myself and it is this permission to voice my thoughts that I look forward to the most. That would mean the start of my blog was initiated by my desire to communicate, share my knowledge and thoughts, and/or other information I come across. Of course I would have thought the title said it all, "Reflections", but I guess one should never assume.

To the visitors of my blog, in Steve's words, I become like an "online newspaper" and that sums it all up. I don't expect the blog to grow to worldwide recognition (even though it is possible), but I do expect those related to the field of landscape architecture, or design, or one of the many other topics I may discuss on the blog to find their way to my site. I especially reach out to my colleagues, who may either be attracted by my posts and gain some insight they may have otherwise not come across or to the stalkers, with just the simple curiosity of what I'm up to.

The blog also provides me with time to do something else I enjoy and that is - to write. Words are among our most powerful tools, they invoke levels of emotion, modes of persuasion, and imagery through description and the list goes on. For me this opportunity to write is one of the greatest reasons of why I choose to blog.

Of course I may just be blogging so I can get rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment